Sunday, November 15, 2015

BAIEKNAMA 4
                                 
BY

SHRIDHAR    TILVE

TRNSLATED
BY

PRIYANVADA NARVEKAR-PARKAR

CHAPTER 4 :TEACHING BIKE MOMMING BIKE







First time I saw a joy on Mom’s face when I chopped a cabbage for her. She never expected this. It was a good discovery to me that mother would be happy if you chopped vegetables for her. Later before leaving a house with my bike I spend some time in the kitchen with her. Cooking is really very enjoyable process. When I learnt it I became happier. Even I started to do her outdoor work. So she became happy.

I tried to teach her to drive a bike but my experiment proved to be unsuccessful. It was a funny topic for the people in our area. But I ignored their comments and tried to teach her. Mother didn’t make successful attempt. She loves to seat on backside of my bike. I left to take her on my back seat when I realized that she will never come on front seat.  I thought one or another day she will try to come on front seat because she loves bike ride. She didn’t say anything about bike as if she doesn’t like to drive. So one day I surrender myself and took her for a ride. On the same day she gave me a melodious treat of her lovely voice. Gandhiji’s way of non-violence, she won me and my bike with. She didn’t require beer to celebrate her happiness. With yaman raga she had celebrated her joy. Her raga was capable to break the chains of the mountains. ? (Her raga was capable to melt the heart of the mountain)  
   
Father had forced her to take a drink. But mother never touched it. Except my father she didn’t established any kind of physical relations with the other men. She had a crush with Sawmi, my father’s friend. She never showed daring to go further. Swami was afraid of Shivsena and we are marathies so he had not enough courage to touch my mother. Even I liked him. I was willing to accept him as my father but good father was not in my fate.

Father hates my bike when mom seats on my bike. Father gets irritated whenever he comes to know that mother had gone out with me. But we never entertained him. He doesn’t like that because mother does not entertain his Fiat. ‘We stopped to go on long drive with family when bike has entered in our family” he says openly. Our area is mostly Gujarathi (Community). These families go to eat pizzas for every weekend. My father also wants to celebrate his weekend with us. In our childhood we used to go in the restaurant with our father. But we rarely start moving out together when I purchased a bike and father’s Gujarati friends frequently ask about it so father gets frustrated.

Mother neither bites my ear nor I holts to get her Pepsi. Beer was out of question. But still father gets angry on my motor bike.

? Father crakes his anger when my motor bike starts croaking (Vibration). Even his Fiat croaks but I think he has forgiven it due to its huge size. (karkash) I tell him where there is sound there will be croak. I hear more croak and less sound in your speech. Father gets frown to hear this statement. His frowning was damn boring. One day I went to my friend’s home and borrowed his old model bulet (fatfati) motor bike. It was croaking loudly.  I started the bullet at the time of father’s nap. Sound and croak both were so loud in the bullet that father came out of his room showering abusing words. I stopped the bullet and said,

“It is my goodness that I have purchased motor bike not the bullet.”

 After this incident father speaks occasionally on croak.

Croak is present in each machine. Actually sound do exist because croak is exist. Sound will become soft if croak will become soft. Many companies are trying to soften the crock in their models. I tried to explain this technique to father but it was in vain. I failed to explain him in his language of construction, deconstruction, reconstruction and destruction; I find it too difficult to explain him. When I communicate it has been turn either in discommunicate or in miscommunicate. My bike and its earphone are having enormous croak. I was trying to end it but it is never ended.     



Mother sometimes gets bored with the father’s job but she has been  tempted by the money which father earns. Father earns pretty good amount. He gives her money whenever she wants. He never makes a complaint about the money and mother never felt guilty to spend his money. According to her she does lots of work at home and father was just giving the salary of her work. She spoke about this to father for a several time and each time father used to laugh.

My father is very generous when he gives money to mother but he had become very stubborn when I made a demand for my first bike. In those days it was a trend in builders to give a gift of a bike to their sons on their birthdays. He was ready to purchase a computer but I was stick to bike. 
He wants me to learn computer so that I can help him in his business. I knew it. If I learn the computer I have to do data- entries for him. I was least interested in his work. Mother tried to convince me to help him in his business. I was totally aware about his policy. Any how he wants me to enter in his field. So purposely I asked him to purchase a bike. He became helpless. I made a plan to purchase my third motor-bike.


No comments: